If you are thinking of buying a home, one of the first things you should do is to get a pre-approval from a reputable lender.
A Pre-Approval is required when making an offer, but it also tells you how much you can afford to spend on a monthly basis.
When thinking about buying, some of the questions you may want to address prior to starting your search are listed below:
- –Do you currently own a home?
- –Must you sell the current home to be able to buy?
- –What is your time frame?
- –If the right property comes up, are you ready to act on it? Are you ready to buy?
- –Which towns are you considering?
- – What is your Price Range?
- – Are you willing to do some work or updating?
- –How many bedrooms do you require?
- –How many bathrooms do you require?
- –Do you require a garage?
- –What is your preference: Single Family? Condo? Multi-family? Other?
- –Do you have a preference of design/style? Colonial? Ranch? Multi-level? Cape? Other?
- –Do you require a basement?
- – Do you require central air?
- -Proximity to highways, public transportation important factors?
- –Close proximity to shopping, schools, etc., important factors?